How To Love Your Jewellery As Much As We Do!
Our quick Care Guide – The Do’s and Don’ts.
Fashion jewellery allows you to consistently update your wardrobe with this season’s colours and styles in an affordable way. At Nautical & Nice we love our jewellery as much as you do, so believe it’s important to give it as much tender loving care as possible. So we have put together a few tips on caring for your purchases.
- Always keep any fashion pieces separate to fine jewellery, for example diamonds can scratch softer metals. Use different compartments in a larger box or wraps to make sure items do not get tangled.
- Remember to refasten any clasps on necklaces and bracelets, this will prevent the chains from becoming knotted.
- Remove all fashion jewellery during exercise or strenuous work as household cleaning solvents, dishwashing soap, silver cleaner and perfume can all damage metals and soft gemstones.
- Take rings off when applying hand cream or body lotions.
- Always put your jewellery on after you have applied make-up, perfume and hair products. It should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off !
- Avoid leaving your jewellery in damp environments, such as the shower, bathroom , spa or swimming pool. Chlorinated water in particular can permanently damage or discolour your treasured pieces.
- Use a soft jewellery cloth to polish and wipe your necklaces, earrings, rings bangles etc. This will remove any dirt, sweat or creams that may have rubbed off onto your items.